Friday, September 28, 2007

Blog Surfing

So, I was blog surfing today and I noticed that most blogs don't have any comments. So the natural question I had (yes I ask myself questions very often, even audibly) was, "Why Blog?" Well, I guess the answer is that we all have a need to be heard, and sometimes, if only in a handwritten letter, or a typewritten blog, it does the soul good to liberate your thoughts and feelings from the recesses of your mind. So whether you do it in a blog, or shout it in the middle of the grocery store, say what you need to say... I like the idea of blogging because it gives you permission to disagree with me, with my agreement. Get it? If we can agree that we may disagree without devaluing one another’s perspective, then the odds are that we have both learned something new.

3 comments:

child_of_africa said...

So thrilled you were inspired to start a blog! Thanks for sharing the link with me. It is quite exhilerating to be saying anything out there to the world and I did enjoy your comments on the paradox of keeping a blog but keeping it secret :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea to create a blog. I think I would rather keep journaling but I do like the idea that you are giving me (and others) the opportunity to disagree with your agreement!

Alicia said...

I agree with anonymous. And I also want to thank you for the encouraging words that you left on one of my blogs. It definitely helped and I appreciate it.

What quality would you most like people to notice when they meet you?